How PatientMD helps practices manage their online reputation?
Often, medical practices overlook the importance of their online reputation. But the bottom line – it matters. Research shows that nearly 9 out of 10 people conduct online research before making a buying decision and most of that time is spent reading online reviews. Reviews with star ratings 3 or above increase the likelihood a person will purchase/engage with that business. Healthcare is no exception. If your online reputation is negative or non-existent, it could be costing your practice money. Thankfully, there are some easy ways that practices can fix this fast.
Consumers make their purchasing decision online before they step foot in a healthcare facility. This is particularly the case for elective procedures where the patient doesn't necessarily need the surgery and can take their time to find the right practice.
Also, since they're likely paying out of pocket, they want to know that their money is being well spent.
If we believe the research, then one of the first places a patient will look for information on their doctor is online.
Therefore, it is essential that you know the impact that positive or negative reviews can have on your medical practice.
Negative reviews can lead to:
- Lower-ranking: A negative review can immediately drop your practice to the bottom of a patient’s call back list. It will also drop your ranking online. Search engines like Google and Bing consider your reviews when ranking your business in search results. The fewer stars the lower on the results list your practice will appear – and no one is looking past page 1 results!
- Brand damage: Negative reviews are linked to poor customer service and low patient satisfaction. This could result in existing patients leaving your practice for one with better reviews and service and keep new patients from coming through your doors.
On the other hand, positive reviews can:
- Pump up your ranking: If negative reviews lower your ranking on search engines, then positive ones should help increase it. Search engines want to return the best results for their visitors. Positive reviews can help you be seen by current and potential new patients.
- Brand strength: Positive patient reviews and sentiments will help you build your brand reputation. More people will be willing to recommend your practice to friends, family, and coworkers – expanding your patient base.
- Easy to sustain: If you have positive reviews, there is less to manage at the practice level.
How PatientMD conducts the Online Reputation Management of medical practices?
It matters what people find when they look for you online, hence your online reputation matters greatly. You deserve to be represented fairly.
To manage your online reputation, you need to have control over the information that pops up when people search for you online. To do that you need to create the right presence and ensure that your practice gets found.
Introducing PatientMD, a physician-led organization, and technology company that aims to expand the reach of your practice and improve its online presence, through its unique data-driven techniques. Getting easily found online is imperative to growing your practice. At PatientMD, we strive to bring your practice to the top five rankings in the search engines for your name, specialty, and/or services you wish to promote. We provide a robust algorithm that rapidly flags negative reviews allowing for rapid resolution.
Our proactive online reputation management services will monitor your online presence to create a positive impact on the growth of your business.
- Enhance your online reputation by generating positive reviews.
- The business dashboard helps to provide in-depth reports on your patient’s sentiments.
- We provide you with online insights on increasing your brand awareness.
Create the Right Presence - Your online reputation can only consist of what’s out there.
For most people, that means whatever is in your search results (desktop and mobile), in addition to your social media presence.
Therefore, the first step in online reputation management is creating the right presence on sites that you control. These can include:
- Personal or business websites
- Social media profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Blogs, newsletters, and forums
- Industry-specific listings
- Press releases
Here at PatientMD, we recognize the need for medical centers/private practices to have stellar review profiles in order to continue to compete. Online reviews and feedback are becoming much more prominent in search and other areas, so building a trustworthy reputation and keeping that customer love is more important than ever.
That’s why we’ve developed online reputation management tools that will lead to resurgence in the growth of physician practices, improving both patient engagement and experience.