What to Do If Your Headache Isn't Going Away
Headache Won't Go Away? Visit a Physician!
Almost everyone will experience headaches at some time. The majority of headaches aren't caused by anything serious or sinister. People are understandably concerned if their headaches appear to be different (either particularly severe, particularly frequent, or unusual in any other way). While a long-lasting headache can be annoying, the good news is that most headaches aren't life-threatening. It's not fun, however, when a lingering headache prevents you from doing the things you enjoy. You may consult Dr. Sudarsana Chakrabarti, one of the most experienced and reputed Family Medicine Specialist in Homer Glen.
What do headaches feel like?
The symptoms of a headache differ depending on the type of headache you have.
Tension headaches are the most popular types of headaches. Tension headache pain tends to be:
- Consistent without throbbing.
- Mild to moderate.
- On both sides of the head (bilateral).
- Responsive to over-the-counter treatment.
- Worse when performing routine tasks (such as bending over or walking upstairs).
The second most common type of primary headache is migraines. Symptoms of migraines include:
- Moderate to severe pain.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Pounding or throbbing pain.
- Pain that lasts four hours to three days.
- Sensitivity to light, noise, or odors.
- Stomach upset or abdominal pain.
Cluster headache is perhaps the most serious type of primary headache. Cluster headaches usually appear in groups or clusters in the spring or fall. During a cluster period, which can last two weeks to three months, they occur one to eight times per day. The headaches may go away for months or years (go into remission), only to return later. An appointment with a headache specialist homer glen is required if you have the following symptoms:
- Intense with a burning or stabbing sensation.
- Without changing sides, behind one of your eyes or in the eye region.
- Throbbing or constant.
A sinus infection causes congestion and inflammation in the sinuses, resulting in sinus headaches (open passageways behind the cheeks and forehead). Migraines are frequently misdiagnosed as sinus headaches by both patients and healthcare providers. Symptoms of sinus headaches include:
- Bad taste in the mouth.
- Deep, constant pain in your cheekbones and forehead.
- Facial swelling.
- Feeling of fullness in ears.
- Pain that worsens when you move your head quickly or strain.
- Mucus discharge (snot).
When a headache signals something more serious?
In rare cases, headaches can be a sign of a more serious health problem such as a tumor, meningitis, or a burst aneurysm. Any of the following symptoms necessitates an immediate medical response:
- a sudden, severe headache
- a severe headache, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, weakness in any part of your body, confusion, double vision, or a stiff neck
- the "worst" headache of your life
- a headache that starts after a head injury.
Visit Dr. Sudarsana Chakrabarti to get some relief from your Headache
Headaches that refuse to go away are annoying, but they are usually not serious. It's critical to speak with your doctor about your symptoms. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Sudarsana Chakrabarti at Suburban Wellness SC. It is one of the best Health Care Clinic in Homer Glen equipped with advanced infrastructure and offers the ultimate experience in clinical pain management.
You can get relief from your persistent headache and resume your normal quality of life with the right diagnosis and treatment approach. The good news for headache sufferers is that there are numerous treatment options available. Don't give up if your first treatment plan doesn't work. Other treatments or strategies may be suggested by your healthcare provider in order to find the best solution for you.