The difference in expenditure is not due to low standards of medical facilities but due to India being at a different stage economically. The penalties for malpractice in this field and other related charges imposed on healthcare service providers in western countries are much higher. Patients should bear the burden of these additional costs. Developing nations like India do not impose such enormous charges. The medical fee levied on patients is substantially reduced consequently.
PatientMD works closely with best reputed hospitals and are guided by highly experienced doctors. These service providers offer class apart facilities and takes pride in being supported by internationally acclaimed doctors. They use the same technology and equipment for diagnosis and treatment, as used by the best hospitals in the west.
How often is English used as a language for communication, by PatientMD staff and healthcare service providers in India?
Questions About Csyberknife
Questions About Bone Marrow Transplantation
Questions About Cardiology
Questions about Pediatric Cardiology
- First one, are holes in one’s heart or great vessels: The examples of such kinds of holes in the heart of a child are inclusive of Atrial Septal Defect that is ASD, Ventricular Septal Defect that is VSD and Patent Ductus Arteriosus that is PDA
- Second is, conditions resulting in the child becoming a blue baby: This sort of a condition is also known as Cyanotic Heart Defect whose examples are inclusive of Tetralogy of Fallot’s that is TOF and Transposition that is TGA.
- Third is, congenital narrowing of heart valves or vessels: The examples are inclusive of congenital narrowing of the pulmonary or aortic valve.
- Improper growth
- Difficulty in breathing
- Excess of sweating
- Frequency of infection in the chest
- Blueness of lips, fingers and toes
- Difficulty with feeding
Questions about Coronary Angioplasty
- Insertion site bleeds
- Excessive chest pain
- Numbness in the arm & leg of the insertion side.
- Swelling increases
- You feel any fever or signs of infection
- Bursting of the artery due to unsustainable high pressure
- Kidney problem due to the iodine contrast dye in X-rays
- Restenosis or re-blockage of the blood vessels
Questions about Coronary Angiography
- History of heart disease in family
- A diet containing a large amount of saturated fats
- High cholesterol
- Unstable diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Plain metal variety, mostly used in acute situations
- The drug-release type that dispurses the drug while in place for assisting in dilating the artery
Angioplasty and an insertion of the stents might take about a half an hour's time up to many hours which depends on the nature and extent of the coronary disease.
- Anesthetist (depends on the patient’s medical history)
- Radiologist (for X-rays)
- Pathologist (for blood tests)
- Specialized nurses (For assistance in the process and in the patient’s recovery)
- One is required to fast that is should not eat or drink anything for around six hours prior to the process
- One should seek medical advice about the prescribed medications before the process
The doctor discusses the preliminary results of the angiogram before the patient is discharged. There is discussion about the instructions included after the day surgery or about any side effects that you might experience at home. Sometimes, the use of clot-preventing medicines are also prescribed after the process.
Questions about Vascular Surgery
- Foot Pain
- Cold & numb feet
- Changes in skin color of the legs
- Dysfunction of leg
- Slow healing of foot & toe wounds.
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Hair Loss on feet & legs
- Angiography : During an angiogram, a dye is injected into the artery to show the flow of blood through arteries and an amount of blockage in the identified location.
- Doppler & Ultrasound : In this method, sound waves are used to identify the presence of blockages and measure the blood flow.
- Computed Tomographic Angiography : In this method, arteries in abdomen, pelvis and legs are being checked.
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography : same information what you get after a CT scan is gathered through this test.
- Maintain a healthy weight Eat a healthy diet which is high in proteins and less carbohydrates such as fresh fruit, vegetables and low in salt as well.
- Regular Exercise A daily walk for 30 to 60 minutes is a must for you. Walk until the pain begins and rest until it disappears. The main aim is to increase the leg movement.
- Control of blood sugar in diabetic patients
- Maintain low blood pressure
- Avoid any medicine that causes narrowing of arteries
- Stop Smoking as it is the major cause of atherosclerosis
Questions about Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
In case the patient has problems related to joints or nervous system and he cannot undergo an exercise stress test then medication is injected into him that stimulates stress on heart after which imaging can be performed with ultrasound or a nuclear camera. Another accurate method is Cardiac catheterization with angiography (coronary arteriography)
CABG surgery is done for relieving angina in patients who have not gained from medical therapy and cannot be prescribed angioplasty (PTCA). CABG is perfect for those patients who have multiple narrowings in multiple coronary artery branches.
A patient should also not lift anything more than 10 pounds or undertake any heavy exertion during this span. One is also advised not to drive for 4-6 weeks., he can indulge in sexual activities only with minimized positions that do not put weight on the chest or upper arms. One can return back to work after a recovery span of 6 weeks.
Exercise stress testing from time to time for about 6 weeks. Rehabilitation takes a time of at least 12 weeks wherein a patient is given proper guidance about the kind of sober lifestyle he should now be following.
- Age (older than 70 years)
- Chronic lung disease
- Disease obstructing the left main coronary artery
- Chronic kidney failure
- Poor heart muscle function
Questions about Heart Valve Replacement
Questions about Robotic Surgery
Questions about Infertility Treatment
Frozen embryos: If the woman does not want to get pregnant during the first cycle or wish for second child in the future,frozen embryo is the right procedure.
Questions about IVF Treatment
Questions about Assisted Reproduction
Sterility - Primary: When a couple has not been able to conceive after a year of unprotected intercourse.
Secondary : When after having a child, a couple has not been able to conceive another pregnancy after unprotected intercourse for 2-3 years.
Infertility - Primary: When a couple conceives but has not been able to maintain a pregnancy for long (till child birth).
Secondary : When a couple after first successful pregnancy and labor, has not been able to maintain a second pregnancy for long.
Questions about Intrauterine Insemination
- Clomiphene Citrate is consumed from period days 3- 7.
- Injections are given (if required)
- Follicular growth is monitored (from day 11 of cycle )
- LH surge and estrogen level during the cycle are monitored
- Once a follicle reaches 19-20 mm size, a slot of hCG
- IUI is performed after 36-40 hours of hCG
- Adjustments in the ovulation induction protocol are made (as per individual need)
- Low sperm count
- A hostile cervical condition [too thick cervical mucus]
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Decreased sperm motility
Questions about Surrogacy
- Altruistic surrogacy
- Gestational surrogacy, and
- Commercial surrogacy
Questions about Assisted Hatching
- It requires less embryo transfer than other techniques
- It is quite faster than other methods
- It allows blastocyst culture
- Damage to the embryo
- High possibility rate of monozygotic twinning
- Women over 37 years of age
- Women who's follicle stimulating hormone baseline level is elevated
- Women having poor quality embryos with conditions such as slow cell division rate and excessive fragmentation.
- Women with repeated IVF failure
- Women having IVF with embryos having a thicker outer shell
Questions about Dental Treatment
- Eat food with vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid eating sweet food between meals.
- Brush your teeth regularly day and night.
- Get regular dental check-up done (once in every six months).
Questions about Root Canal Treatment
- Severe aching in the tooth upon chewing
- Prolonged sensitivity
- Darkening of the tooth
- Swelling in the gums
- Importunate pimple on the gums
Questions about Apicoectomy
Questions about Periodontal Flap Surgery
- Application of gentle wet gauze to the area of bleeding
- Avoid strenuous exercise
- Avoid consuming hot beverages
- Follow the medication properly
- Apply ice packs if there is any swelling
- Avoid brushing on the surgical area for around 5 to 6 days
Questions about Reconstructive Dentistry
Introduction Surgical Hair Transplantation
QR 678 Hair Growth Factor Injections How does they work and what do patients think and is Hair loss really such a trivialissue?
- The QR 678 consists of material normally present within the scalp skin.
- We replenish these very materials which have become depleted in folks who are losing hair.
- Growth Factors are simply put, proteins. As these proteins are injected in the superficial most portion of the scalp skin and the injections do NOT even cross the skin barrier, these growth factors are NOT absorbed systemically into the blood stream.
- The only side-effect we encountered in our trial was mild infection in one patient. This patient had pre-existing dandruff and even though this was treated, he did develop very mild scalp infection, which responded favorably to oral antibiotics. And one out of 750 patients is 0.13%! Compare that with the side effects of typical common medical procedures.
So, lets look at this from the perspective of a few worried consumers and how hair loss can truly impact confidence & lives. Akshay, whocame to me and said Doctor, I am 28. I have lost out on a couple of good prospective marriage matches because my barren head makes me look 20 years older. I have taken all available conventional treatment but it hasnt helped. Will my scalp ever become fertile again? Can you save my dying follicles and give them life again?
This research was being conducted in collaboration with the IIT Mumbai (2006), to develop a new nano-molecule drug delivery system for Retinoblastoma. This drug delivery system is injected directly around the diseased eye, so that the side effects due to intravenous delivery of the drug could be avoided. A few days after the injections were given around the eyes of each mouse, I observed that the hair around the mouses eye started disappearing due to local contact with the drug. This led him to speculate that there must be some local factors which are essential for hair growth and which were being affected by Carboplatin, since there was no other way Carboplatin could affect the hair growth, since the drug is not absorbed into the body post injection around the eye.
This was interesting as fordecades, we believed that the internal health of the body was the most essential element for hair growth. This new postulate that hair growth could be influenced by local growth factors, despite the internal health of the body being perfect, was brilliant, revolutionary and new.
However, knowing that local growth factors may cause hair growth is one thing, but proving the same and finding which ONE of the hundreds of local protein growth factors actually caused hair growth or the absence of which caused hair loss, was a daunting task! These phases, undertaken in joint collaborationwith a few top Indianinstitutestook four years of pain-staking research, & prolonged animal studies as well as human trials.
The next step was to identify by a process of scientific research the most likely ones of the growth factor proteins present in the scalp skin which could cause growth. By a process of scientific exclusion, we identified a total of five odd growth factors which could potentially play a role in hair growth.
It was not enough to merely identify the molecules though. We then prepared these five growth factor molecules artificially, outside the human body, by genetic engineering inthe laboratory. These molecules were then synthesized in five different compositions and proportions, and it was decided to inject the solution into the scalp with the intention to deliver the molecules directly to the hair roots, without having to cross the skin barrier. This entire process took one and a half years.
A pilot trial was then conducted with five volunteer patients in each of the five groups (n = 25), with early to moderate hair loss, being subjected to the injections. The results were the best consistently in one particular group of human volunteers. This newly created molecule thus seemed to be the most likely to cause hair growth.
The findings of the pilot trial needed to be validated. A randomized clinical trial was set up comparing this new molecule in different concentrations and at different treatment frequencies with a placebo injection, in 750 patients. More than 80% hair growth was seen in about 6 months for more than 90% patients who tried this injection therapy. Results in some cases are even better than hair restoration surgery. This clinical trial involved 100 patients and spanned more than a year. This trial was double-blinded and finally unequivocally proved the efficacy of this cocktail of three growth factors in causing hair growth! Thus, was born the concoction which everyone was waiting for! This molecule was named The QR678.
The network of capillaries surrounding the base of the hair follicle delivers the nutrients amino acids, vitamins, minerals necessary for proper functioning. Cell division in the hair follicle is extremely fast. This rapid cell proliferation requires a constant supply of nutrients. The inducting signals for the hair follicle growth are the growth factors identified byour teamin the revolutionary artificially prepared concoction QR678.
Said Akshays father with a smile, My son married Samantha whom he met at the same clinic .In fact they both were undergoing the same treatment, however they did not know each other before this. They are a happy couple now and often guide people seeking help with their hair raising story. I think it is time I get some injections myself before it is late. I am proud of the fact that Indian doctors have given my children something which is so exclusive and unique.
This revolutionary treatment is being considered for presentations and publications in the scientific community world-wide and is currentlyawaiting a world-wide patent. Now, folks all over the world can have a hair raising tale to tell!
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India, (one of Indias biggest hospital and most successful ones) where The Esthetic Clinic is currently located has been pretty much inundated with calls, emails and the rush over the QR 678 Growth Factor injections for hair growth. Most people who have been here for a while tell me that they have never seen anything like this before!
Questions about Laser Dentistry
- A dentist does not use a drill, thus making the procedure less-painful for the patients
- In many cases, the use of anesthesia is also reduced
- The user of laser makes the process more precise
- In comparison to the older treatments, the recovery time is also faster.
- Reduction in the amount of bacteria in diseased gum tissue as well as tooth cavities
- Less loss of blood during and after surgery
Questions about Pediatric Dentistry
- Proper chewing and eating.
- Providing space for permanent teeth and guiding them to the correct position.
- Allow normal development of the jaw bones & muscles.
- Always clean your mouth with a toothpick to avoid leftover particles that create cavities.
- Always clean your mouth with a wet gauze to wipe out plaque from teeth and gums.
- Avoid putting your baby to bed with a bottle filled with anything other than water.
- Clean the irritated area with warm salt water and put a cold compress on the face if there is swollen.
- Give your child acetaminophen for any type of pain.
- Lastly, see a dentist as soon as possible.
Questions About Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Orthopaedics is the medical specialty that focuses on injuries and diseases of your body's musculoskeletal system. This complex system, which includes your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves, allows you to move, work, and be active.
Infertility and IVF Treatment
Fertility is the natural capability to produce offspring. ... Fertility differs from fecundity, which is defined as the potential for reproduction (influenced by gamete production, fertilization and carrying a pregnancy to term). A lack of fertility...